Welcome to the Division 5 Home Page
CIF Southern Section Division 5 covers the boys in the Alpha, De Anza, Desert Sky, Free-lance, Garden Grove, Hacienda, Mission Valley, Mountain Pass, Orange Coast, PAC 7, Rio Hondo and Valle Vista Leagues and the girls in the Academy, Ambassador, Del Rio, Desert Mountain, Desert Valley, Los Padres, Mountain Pass, Olympic, Rio Hondo, River Valley, Sunbelt and Sunkist Leagues.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT VARSITY SOCCER UNIFORMS
REFEREE PROCEDURES FOR HANDLING UNIFORM VIOLATIONS
October 30, 2013
TO: ALL CIF-SOUTHERN SECTION COACHES
RE: Please read this memorandum carefully so you are very clear on how officials will handle any uniform violations by high school soccer teams during the 2013-14 season
As we have indicated since last spring, whenever there is a uniform violation this year, you MUST submit an incident report on the CIFSS website. Such incident reports will continue to be filed until we receive direction from the CIF office to stop. Remember this rule is designed to be enforced for VARSITY games only. Officials do not need to submit reports for JV or Frosh/Soph games. As scrimmages are considered "training" sessions, officials also do not have to submit reports for these games; however, this would be a good opportunity to point out the potential uniform violations before the first regular season game occurs.
The following are uniform violations which must be enforced this year. In the case of numbers 1 and 2, if the teams are unable to meet the required standard, play the game and file the incident report. In the case of numbers 3 and 4, it should be possible for these players to make the necessary corrections to their uniforms before they enter the game.
1. HOME TEAM JERSEYS AND SOCKS MUST BE SOLID WHITE [in the rule book since 2010] (solid white means just that - no striping or piping of any kind or of any shade; no manufacturer's logos or symbols of any kind with the exception of one that may be no more than 2 1/4 inches square; small markings can be covered with white tape; school names, emblems, insignias referencing the school all are permitted)
2. ALL JERSEYS MUST BE NUMBERED ON THE FRONT AND ON THE BACK [in the rule book for at least 10 years] (the number on the front may be on the shorts if not on the jersey, and tape applied properly can be used to represent the numbers)
3. THIS INCLUDES THE JERSEY OF THE GOALKEEPER. IT MUST HAVE A NUMBER ON THE FRONT AND ON THE BACK [in the rule book since 2011] (and the number must be different from that of any other goalkeeper or field player)
4. IF TAPE IS APPLIED EXTERNALLY TO THE SOCK, IT MUST BE OF SIMILAR COLOR AS THAT PART OF THE SOCK TO WHICH IT IS APPLIED [a new rule this year] (in the case of solid white socks, obviously the tape must be white)
5. NFHS HAS PROVIDED US WITH THREE INTERPRETATIONS OF NOTE: (1) PLAYERS WITH SOLID WHITE SHORT SLEEVE JERSEYS MAY WEAR LONG SLEEVE APPAREL UNDER THE JERSEYS, AND THIS APPAREL MAY BE A DARK COLOR BUT IT MUST BE THE SAME COLOR FOR ALL PLAYERS ON THAT TEAM WHO CHOOSE TO WEAR APPAREL UNDER THEIR JERSEYS; (2) VELCRO OR ELASTIC BANDS THAT ARE WORN TO HOLD UP THE PLAYERS' SHINGUARDS MUST BE THE SAME BASIC COLOR AS THE SOCK; AND (3) UNALTERED ANKLE BRACES MAY BE WORN ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE SOCK AND DO NOT HAVE TO BE THE SAME COLOR AS THE SOCK.
Finally, this year officials must be consistent in reporting these uniform violations. NO EXCEPTIONS!!
Posted: 11/01/2013 13:20:28; Updated: 11/01/2013 13:21:44
Rubidoux Girls Varsity Soccer Tounament
Rubidoux HS will be hosting a girls soccer tournament from December 9-13. Teams will play one game per day at either 3:00 / 4:30 / 6:30. All games will be played on turf, both Rubidoux and Jurupa Valley will be hosting games at their sites. Cost is $395. 2 more teams are needed to fill the 8 sports. Please contact Paul Janeway at Paul_Janeway@jusd.k12.ca.us for any questions.
Posted: 09/10/2013 07:30:23
Inaugural Heritage High Varsity Girls' Soccer Tournament
Heritage High will host its inaugural winter varsity girls soccer tournament on Dec. 12th- 14th. There is a four game guarantee. Each game will be a full length game. The brackets/pools will be set up fairly and teams in the same league will not be placed in the same pools. There will also be a coaches' room on Saturday with complimentary refreshments and food. There will also be contests for the players to compete in between games. We hope to start as a 12 team tournament and build from there. There are a few spots left. The cost be only $350.Please contact Coach Mattison at email@example.com for further information.
Posted: 05/04/2013 15:39:13
SCA Membership Information
The Southern California High School Soccer Coaches Association plays an important part with the organizations that influence the sport of high school soccer (e.g. Officials, CIF, rules changes, etc.). The Association is the conduit that keeps the membership informed about what is happening at the CIF-SS, division and league levels. Some of the other key benefits of joining the Association include:
- Have input into the weekly top 10 polls, playoff pairings and selection of All-CIF Southern Section teams.
- The Association offers several scholarships to student athletes for their academic and athletic success.
- Senior athletes of member coaches are eligible for All-Star Games. The All-Star Game is be held each Spring.
Ready to join? Click here! For additional information, contact your division coordinator.