Welcome to the Division 5 Home Page
CIF Southern Section Division 5 covers the boys in the Alpha, De Anza, Desert Sky, Free-lance, Garden Grove, Hacienda, Mission Valley, Mountain Pass, Orange Coast, PAC 7, Rio Hondo and Valle Vista Leagues and the girls in the Academy, Ambassador, Del Rio, Desert Mountain, Desert Valley, Los Padres, Mountain Pass, Olympic, Rio Hondo, River Valley, Sunbelt and Sunkist Leagues.
Girls Division V All-Star Game Nominations
(as of 3-5-14)
Kayla Torres - Coachella Valley (Def)
Elizabeth Angulo - Coachella Valley (GK)
Lizzie Ayson - California (Mid)
Brooke Hartert - California (Def)
Rhosie Ceniceros - California (Def)
Shawni Cardoza - Grand Terrace (Fwd)
Elizabeth Rosas - Grand Terrace (Def)
Amanda Garwacki - La Serna (Def)
Ashley Gonzalez - La Serna (Mid)
Sydney Shoemaker - San Jacinto (Def)
Davia Casillas - Cathedral City (Def)
Cynthia Hernandez - Cathedral City (Mid)
Claudia Zepeda - Cathedral City (Mid)
Natalie De Vries - Valley Christian (Def)
Janna Jensen - Valley Christian (Mid)
Janae Megorden - Valley Christian (Fwd)
Grayce De Groot - Valley Christian (Mid / Fwd)
Posted: 03/04/2014 09:36:02; Updated: 03/05/2014 15:03:53
2014 SOCCER PLAYOFF CHAMPIONSHIP INFORMATION
Posted: 02/19/2014 09:27:30
SCHOOLS ARE NOT FOLLOWING THE NEW UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS
Over 60 incident reports have been filed.
About 50% are for jerseys which are not solid white.
About 30% are for socks which are not solid white.
The remaining 20% are divided among no numbers on the front of jerseys or shorts, no numbers on goalkeeper jerseys, and violations on away team uniforms.
Half of the teams with violations indicate that the proper uniforms have been ordered and did not come in prior to the season beginning. Obviously we don't know if they were actually ordered in a timely fashion or they are just being ordered now.
There has been concern on the part of coaches that referees are spending too much time on what some consider trifling matters. However, the officials are simply enforcing rules that have been in the rule book for some years now, and they are following directives that NFHS, CIFSS, and the soccer advisory committee set for them. All coaches and AD's should have been well informed of these rules prior to the season beginning.
But there is no doubt we have reached a point of diminishing returns, therefore, the referees have been directed to submit Incident Reports for only three reasons from this point on:
- Jerseys not solid white
- Socks not solid white
- No numbers on the front of the field player jerseys or shorts
There have been a few misinterpretations of the uniform rules - some by coaches and some by referees. So Fred Stroock has noted the most common misinterpretations which have arisen this season.
1. HOME TEAMS NEED TO WEAR WHITE SHORTS - NO - THESE ARE NOT REQUIRED AND BASICALLY THEY CAN WEAR ANY COLOR SHORT AS LONG AS ALL PLAYERS HAVE THE SAME COLOR
2. THIS RULE APPLIES TO JUNIOR VARSITY TEAMS - NO - AS MENTIONED MANY TIMES, THIS RULE ONLY APPLIES TO VARSITY TEAMS. AS LONG AS YOU CAN DISTINGUISH THE TWO JV TEAMS, THEIR UNIFORMS ARE OK.
3. PLAYER NAMES, MASCOTS, SCHOOL LOGOS ON THE JERSEY ARE NOT PERMITTED - NO - THESE ARE ALL ALLOWED UNDER THE RULES
4. AWAY TEAMS HAVE TO WEAR DARK COLORED UNIFORMS - NO - UNDER THE NFHS INTERPRETATION, THEY ONLY HAVE TO WEAR JERSEYS AND SOCKS THAT ARE CONTRASTING WITH WHITE. THEY DO HAVE TO WEAR UNIFORMS THAT ARE CONTRASTING IN COLOR AND EASILY DISTINGUISHED FROM EACH OTHER. BUT THIS DOES ALLOW AWAY TEAMS TO WEAR LIGHT BLUE OR YELLOW OR EVEN PINK AS LONG AS YOU CAN DISTINGUISH THE TWO TEAMS FROM EACH OTHER. SOME TEAMS ARE NOW USING WHAT WAS THEIR HOME UNIFORM IN THE PAST FOR THEIR AWAY UNIFORM THIS YEAR. THIS IS OK.
5. SCSOA POLICY IS ALLOWING GOALKEEPERS WITHOUT NUMBERS TO USE WHITE TAPE OR COLORED TAPE TO DISPLAY A NUMBER ON THE FRONT AND BACK OF THEIR JERSEY, AS LONG AS THE NUMBER IS THE RIGHT SIZE AND CLEARLY VISIBLE TO THE REFEREE. MOST GK'S ARE NUMBER 1 SO THIS IS AN EASY SOLUTION. REMIND THE COACH THAT A LOCAL SPORTS STORE CAN PUT A NUMBER PERMANENTLY ON THE JERSEY QUICKLY AND INEXPENSIVELY.
6. BLACK ANKLE BRACES CANNOT BE WORN OUTSIDE THE SOCK - NO - THIS IS PERMITTED UNDER NFHS RULES (however, velcro or tape used to hold up the socks or shinguards must be the same basic color as the sock - this is being abused regularly so I need your help in correcting this violation).
7. IF ONE OR TWO PLAYERS ON THE SAME TEAM WEAR A LONG SLEEVED T-SHIRT OR SLIDING PANTS, THEN EVERY PLAYER ON THAT TEAM MUST WEAR THESE ITEMS - NO - THE ONLY REQUIREMENT IS THAT THE PLAYERS WEARING THESE ITEMS MUST BE WEARING THE SAME COLOR OF T-SHIRT OR SLIDING PANT.
Posted: 12/16/2013 09:46:55; Updated: 01/05/2014 13:28:24
SCA Membership Information
The Southern California High School Soccer Coaches Association plays an important part with the organizations that influence the sport of high school soccer (e.g. Officials, CIF, rules changes, etc.). The Association is the conduit that keeps the membership informed about what is happening at the CIF-SS, division and league levels. Some of the other key benefits of joining the Association include:
- Have input into the weekly top 10 polls, playoff pairings and selection of All-CIF Southern Section teams.
- The Association offers several scholarships to student athletes for their academic and athletic success.
- Senior athletes of member coaches are eligible for All-Star Games. The All-Star Game is be held each Spring.
Ready to join? Click here! For additional information, contact your division coordinator.